Applying to MS131 
Students who live in the zone are guaranteed a seat in our Academic Progress (AP) program. A qualifying score on both the 4th grade ELA and math exams is generally required for students applying for the Specialized Program (SP) program. Students, who live outside the zone, but within District 2, may apply through the school choice process.
First Time NYC Residents

Any student entering New York City public school system for the first time, should report to enrollment center, located @ 333 7th Avenue (Btwn 28th & 29th Streets), 12th floor. Hours of operation are from 8:30 am – 4 pm, Monday- Friday.

When you go to register, please bring your child with you. You also must bring the following documents:

Proof of residence - Any two of the following documents:

  • A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority (for the Rockaways); must be dated within the past 60 days
  • Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days
  • An original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
  • A current property tax bill for the residence
  • A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 60 days
  • Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; a letter on the employer’s letterhead will not be accepted; must be dated within the past 60 days
  • Child’s birth certificate or passport
  • Child’s immunization records
  • Child’s latest report card/transcript (if available)
  • Child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
The NYC Family Guide also provides useful information for families about choosing a school and enrollment, and the kinds of services that are available to the City’s public school students. Read the Family Guide.

Contact us with specific questions about enrolling your child at MS 131.